The main cities of The Netherlands are densely populated areas, and finding a decent home to rent or buy is not always the easiest of projects.
If you are working for an international company and have been relocated to The Netherlands for work, then you will most probably be given the option of working with a relocation agent and a dedicated accommodation finding team. It is recommended to use any services and options provided by your company, as it will make the transition to your new host country an easier and more straightforward journey.
There are independent relocation agents in The Netherlands who are equipped at helping you find the right area for you to live in and a new home for you and your family. They will take various elements into consideration such as schooling needs, commute to your place of work, etc.
Should you wish to partake in looking for accommodation yourself, there are a number of things you need to be aware of:
- You should always make sure that the estate agent you are dealing with is registered with the Dutch Association of Estate Agents – nvm.nl
- funda.nl is a great starting point to see what sort of accommodation is available in your price bracket, the area in which you want to live etc. You can also make appointments to view the properties you are interested in via the site. Furthermore, the contact details of the estate agent who is marketing the property is available online, allowing you to contact them directly (this website is owned by NVM).
- Talk to your co-workers or other parents at your children’s school to see which areas they have chosen to live in.
- Walk around different areas to get a feel of the environment, you may also want to live close by a supermarket or gym for example.
- Walk around the areas that you like, to see if any houses or apartments have a for rent or for sale sign on them
- Check out at your local estate agents and see what they have on offer
- Do not wait too long to make an offer on the rental or sale property that ticks all or most of your boxes as available properties are rented or sold quite quickly if they are in popular areas.
Relocation agents could be the answer to most of your needs when it comes to relocating to the Netherlands. You may be an individual looking for a one-stop shop to help with your move to the Netherlands or you could be a company looking for a reliable corporate relocation service to help your employees.
Here are some of the many services a relocation agency can assist you with:
- Immigration and labor consultancy
- Housing search and all legal matters pertaining to renting or buying a property
- Spouse employment
- Importation of vehicles
- Educational needs of your children
- Registration with the town hall
- Settling in services
Short term stay
You may be looking for a short-term rental, or you are looking for a short-term accommodation rental solution for your employees.
Here is a list of serviced apartments or short-term rental solutions based in the Hague:
b-aparthotel Kennedy – The Hague
B-aparthotel Kennedy is one of two b-aparthotel residences in the Netherlands. Be a long-term or short-stay guest in one of Kennedy’s 60 spacious accommodations, comprising 1-bedroom apartments and studios. When connected together, a 2 bedroom family apartment can also be created, 30 of the apartments feature a bath as well as a walk-in shower.
Uniquely situated between the city and the coast, b-aparthotel Kennedy is a 12-minute bike ride from Scheveningen beach resort and a 10-minute bike ride to the city center. Kennedy is only 30 minutes from both Amsterdam Schiphol airport and also Rotterdam The Hague airport. Both main railway stations, central station and HS, are easily accessible by public transport.
bizstay – The Hague
Bizstay The Hague offers a wide variety of selected apartments for short stay purposes only. All apartments are modern, fully furnished and offer all imaginable conveniences. Bizstay in The Hague solely offers apartments on excellent locations throughout the city. Furthermore, bizstay The Hague is built on a foundation of shared values, high quality service and relationships based on mutual trust and integrity.
la fenētre – the hague
La fenêtre is a sleek, modern residential building located in the center of the Hague. It is located right next door to the central station and with easy access to Rotterdam (30 min), Amsterdam (30 min), two airports and the beach both by car or public transport. This makes this property a very popular choice amongst those who have to travel frequently. They offer different types of apartments including facilities such as a private health club, sauna, gym area and a private car parking space underneath the building.
They offer a weekly cleaning service including changing your (bed) linen and towels, tv and internet (included), a baby cot, chairs or extra rollaway beds is available.